Friday, October 2, 2009

Goodnight

As the moon hugs the earth, a mother hugs a child
She tucks him into bed to sing for a while
The child is tired and sleeps through the night,
Goodnight my young child, goodnight, good night

The sound is made round to a young humming bird
Who is listening to a song only to be heard
By those who are willing to sleep through the night
Goodnight my young child, goodnight, goodnight

She sings, and the tune is carried throughout
a humming bird nest to a raccoon lookout
Her raccoons are happy to sleep through the night
Goodnight my young child, goodnight, goodnight.






3 comments:

  1. Seriously?!? You are so awesome, miss sophie awesome. Please, please keep writing!

    xo,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I wrote poetry when I was young. I miss that. Keep it up!! You have quite the talent.

    ReplyDelete